VERTICAL RESCUE ($POA)
27th, 28th, 29th JULY 2020
Combined Safety Solutions Vertical Rescue course is designed primarily for those people who may be involved in the emergency response rescue of fallen workers from cliffs, structures and towers. This training provides each participant with the necessary practical skills required to effectively and safely rescue a suspended or incapacitated worker in a vertical situation.
Participants will gain an understanding of the basic use and inspection of equipment used in vertical rope rescue as well as the necessary skills required for various rescue techniques, anchor selection and rigging. Participants will also gain the knowledge and skills required for risk assessment, casualty management, first aid procedures, mechanical advantage and stretcher operations involved with rope rescue activities.
This course is delivered in partnership with SpanSet Australia Ltd RTO 91173.
The pre-requisite for this course is the one day Work Safely at Height course or similar accredited course.
A current First Aid certificate or equivalent (PUAEME004A Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Spinal Injury or HLTAID003 Provide First Aid) is required to gain a “Statement of Attainment”.
REGISTRATION AND PRE-COURSE INSTRUCTIONS
- All delegates to be registered on the course registration form
- All delegates to be advised of the following
- Fire procedure
- Toilets and welfare
RATIO OF TRAINERS TO TRAINEES
- Mechanical Advantage and Hauling
- Risk assessment associated with vertical rope rescue
- Inspection and care of rope rescue equipment
- Safe climbing of structures
- Abseil and self rescue techniques
- Select and rig anchor points
- Casualty management
- Vertical rescue techniques on a suspended casualty
- Stretcher Operations
Delegates will be monitored by the trainer throughout the practical sessions. Any concerns will be addressed by delegate and trainer on a continual basis.
- Issue course feedback forms
- Thank all delegates for attending
- Summarize the topics covered during the course
ASSESSMENT OF CANDIDATES
All candidates will carry out written tests covering key points from the following topics:
- Vertical rescue manual
If the candidate gets a total score of less that 100% then the trainer will explore the candidates’ knowledge of the topic. Where the candidate has good knowledge of the topic the result may be amended.
Candidates will be also assessed by the trainer on all practical applications and techniques taught.
- Vertical rescue manual
- Rescue kits (raising and lowering capability)
- Tower harnesses
- Inertia block
- Anchor straps
- Vertical drop line with Type 1 fall arrestor
- Extendable Sheppard Pole
- Twin access fall arrest lanyards
- Work positioning belts
- Prussik chord
- Mechanical Descenders
- Statement of Attainment is issued for the “Vertical Rescue” component:
- PUASAROO4A Undertake Vertical Rescue
- PUASAROO1A Participate in a Rescue Operation